Saturday, September 3, 2016

My first post, let's see if I can figure out the technology here.  My shipmate Stu pointed me at this blog to chronicle my recent visit (late August 2016).  So I wrote some notes in Word and will simply cut & paste them here.

--------------------------

BOQ Travel Blog Notes for the Foster Creek Villa #63 at Joint Base Charleston, SC

Check-in Procedure:
·        The website provides detailed info and check-in information.
o   http://www.jbcharleston.com/foster-creek/
·        In short:  the Outdoor Recreation Office is open weekdays from 11am - 4pm.  I went there for check-in and learned that is not "necessary."  A lockbox on the front door of the Villa has a door key in it.  So you can call the Office and they will give you the lockbox code, thus you can go directly to the Villa at the 4pm check-in time.
·        The advantage at the Office was talking with the staff there (friendly and helpful) to get more information.  When I arrived at the office at 2pm, the staff called housecleaning and learned my villa had already been cleaned and was ready.  So I was given the lockbox code and was in residence by 2:10pm, much earlier than the "prescribed" 4pm.

There are 4 villas in this building:  2 upstairs, 2 downstairs.
         http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/media/reviews/photos/original/8c/39/37/Foster%20Creek%20Villas%20003.jpg
I was in Villa #63:  downstairs, 2 bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen, living room, dining area. 
The dining area has a large dining table with 6 chairs. 
The living room has 2 sofas and a smallish TV, with a DVD player and cable TV.
The kitchen has a small dining table with 4 chairs.
There is a small outdoor patio with access from both the kitchen and dining areas.

No daily servicing of the villa.

No "amenities" are provided:  no soap, no shampoo, no extra toilet paper.  When I arrived there was only 1/4 roll of toilet paper remaining.

No coat hangers anywhere in the villa.

There is a washer and dryer, no laundry soap provided.

The a/c works great !!

The kitchen has:
microwave, full-size refrigerator, gas stove with 4 burners,
1 large pot with lid, medium-size saucepan with lid, small-size saucepan with lid,
frying pan no lid, dishwasher, garbage disposal, coffee maker
dinner plates, salad plates, small bowls, cooking utensils, silverware, knives
large water glasses, small water glasses
electric can opener, toaster, dishwasher, 1 "cake" of dishwasher soap
rack for drying dishes, 1 small bottle of dishwashing liquid
1 handtowel

General Comments
·        I've been in a reasonable amount of BOQ's over the years, and I consider this one fantastic.  The best reason:  I was the only person in the entire 4-plex.  Total, complete, and absolute privacy, peace, and quiet.  Lots and lots of outdoors elbow room to the street, sides, and back.  Great views, very well-manicured grounds.  The "small" exchange is close by, and the "larger" exchange is not much further.
·        Of particular interest:  all of this area is wide-open to the general public.  Where I believe there used to be the familiar gate & security station on Redbank Road just east of N. Rhett Avenue, there is now no gate nor security and anybody can drive into the area at any time of the day or night.  Very "strange" and certainly unexpected after 46 years of seeing all military facilities being located inside a security perimeter.
·        All in all, I'll gladly stay here again next time I get to Charleston.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
(update)  I'll add a few pictures:













MASTER BEDROOM .......



SPARE BEDROOM .......






------------------------------------------------------

1 comment: