Friday, July 5, 2019

Back again to North Island Naval Air Station (2019)

I'm back again to North Island Naval Air Station for a couple of days prior to the 4th of July weekend (2019).

I checked-in on Monday July 1st.  I got much luckier than I did this past May:  I got into B/572, which is the "oldest" BOQ and has the 2-room suites.  I'm definitely enjoying the "extra elbow-room acreage."

I'm in room 217, which is at the furthest/farthest west-end (near the car wash).  There is only one door into the building, at that is at the furthest/farthest east-end.  That door is keycard-security"  you insert your room "key" to open the door.  Then it's a hike from the entrance, up the stairs (no elevator !!), and head west to room 217 ....good exercise.

The room acreage is nicely laid out:  one room is the living room/kitchen, the other is the bedroom, the head is in-between the two.  Both the living room and bedroom have a large flat-panel TV, with remote control.  
     The kitchen has a Keurig coffee maker and I brought lots and lots of cups.  A regular normal size 'frig with a huge freezer area.  A few cups and plates, some silverware, a frying pan, a small saucepan.  A roll of paper towels.  A small container of dish soap and a scrubbing sponge.

I checked out on Wednesday July 3, 2019.

Kitchen:




Living Room:





Bedroom:   







View from living room (and bedroom) window.  

Both the living room & bedroom windows look directly into lots of eucalyptus trees, a nice peaceful view.  On the far side of that is base housing (for officers, I think).




No comments:

Post a Comment